In case you hadn't noticed, guys, Valentine's Day is tomorrow. Today's your last day to organise a sweet gift for your lady friend! If you haven't already got it sorted, our editor Tina Moore has put together her top ten gift ideas that are guaranteed to win you maximum brownie points.
1. Fashion jewellery. You can't go wrong with anything by kiwi brand Meadowlark - bonus points for hip-ness. A good choice would be the Mini Protea Ring, from $315 depending on your choice of stone and either sterling silver, rose gold or gold.
2. Chocolate - with a difference! Loving Earth Raw Coconut Nectar Chocolate is essentially uncooked and unprocessed: real chocolate in its purest, richest, most essential form. It contains no cane sugar or dairy, is suitable for vegans... I personally adore the Caramel flavour, and also the Mild Chilli. Ideal gift for the foodie or health conscious babe.
3. A massage or facial treatment. Bonus points if you actually make the booking so the admin is all done, rather than simply give a gift voucher. Too many times I have been given vouchers and forgotten about them or let them languish past their expiry dates. Book the treatment at a suitable time and your girl will make it work, I promise. Hot tip: go for a luxury spa like So Spa at the Sofitel in Auckland, East Day Spa in Welly, or if you're down south, you can't do better than The Spa at Millbrook.
4. Flowers. This goes without saying. If you do nothing but give her flowers, then you're doing okay. Best delivered to her place of work so that she can show off to her colleagues (secretly, girls love this). Check out Lu Diamond Flowers for creative, pretty bouquets with a difference.
5. Lipstick, or other luxury makeup goodies. Most girls wear makeup, and it does not come cheap, so any gift of makeup will be appreciated. Make sure you get advice on what's hot from the counter staff and pick the right colours. Think about what sort of makeup she wears currently and stick to that colour palette. Don't attempt to buy her foundation! Hot tip: M.A.C's Viva Glam Lipstick or Lipglass is a shade of red that will suit pretty most women.
6. Lingerie. It's a gift for her, and for you! This is advanced level gift-buying however - you'll need to do a quick reccie and find out her bra size (hot tip: you'll find it on the tag on the inside of one of her bras. Not that difficult to find out). There are some gorgeous sets by Stella McCartney at the moment, like this 'Tammy Tickling' set, with cute little bow detail.
7. Shoes. A woman can never have too many shoes. MAJOR brownie points can be earned here because they are a really personal, thoughtful gift. You can't go wrong with anything by my favourite Kiwi shoe designer Kathryn Wilson.
8. Terrarium. It's apparently such a good gift idea that I bought it for my guy, only to find out that he has also bought me one as well. Great minds think alike, huh... It's the kind of gift you buy your partner if you've been together for a long time and have ticked off all the other ideas above! You have to start getting creative with your gift ideas... We bought ours from Bioattic.
9. Scented candles. What girl does not love a scented candle? They are a beautiful and affordable gift. My pick of the bunch are the Coconut & Elderflower by Ecoya, Candied Vanilla Almond by MOR, and the Manhattan Little Black Dress by Glasshouse.
10. Remix magazine subscription! Of course. Four issues of the very best NZ fashion, beauty, art and culture, delivered to her doorstep each season. Plus if you subscribe before the end of Feb, we'll throw in a bottle of Viva La Juicy perfume for free. Bonus brownie points right there! You're welcome.